Each pencil has an extremely soft and buttery feel with a vibrant colour output. Holbein use high-grade pigments which exhibit little fading or discolouration by light. The mixture of oils, waxes and premium pigments result in a very thick layer of colour that is vivid and permanent. Holbein Artists’ Pencils pencil have a comfortable 7.8 mm round barrel with a thick 3.8 mm core, giving artists the ability to lay down a lot of colour at once. The pencils are pre-sharpened and require use with a good quality sharpener because of their softness. This softness and the richness of colours makes these very good for colourful works or for enhancing aspects of a drawing that you want to stand out.
Back to products
Holbein Basic Tone Set of 12 Colors
- Soft and smooth feel with a vibrant colour laydown.
- Barrel colour accurately matches core colour.
- Thick 3.8 mm pigmented core.
- Can be used together with watercolour or acrylic, fixes well to any kind of paper.
- Great variety of 150 Artists’ coloured pencils in the range.